CMC is calling on its members for expressions of interest to be a candidate for the Board of Co-operatives of the Americas. The linked document (PDF) describes the duties and responsibilities of this role. Anyone interested is invited to submit their candidacy by end of day on Monday, September 15, 2014 by submitting to Madeleine Brillant, Director, Corporate Affairs at email@example.com :
- A biography
- A text of 250 words maximum responding to the question: Why would you like to be part of the Co-operatives of the Americas?
- A letter from his/her organisation indicating that it will cover the expenses for the participation of the Director to the Board of Co-operatives of the Americas.
The CMC Board of Directors will determine who is selected on Monday, September 22, 2014.
The Co-operatives of Americas Board terms are for four years. The Board meets 4 times per year.
The desired criteria sought in a candidate for the Board of Co-operatives of the Americas are:
- Understanding of the co-operative and mutual sector in Canada
- Having governance experience
- Flexibility and commitment in being able to attend the Board meetings.
Additionally, the ability to speak Spanish is an asset for the position on Co-operatives of the Americas Board.
CMC’s expectations towards the representative on the Board of Co-operatives of the Americas are:
- Network with international affiliates on behalf of CMC;
- Perform his/her fiduciary duties on the Co-operatives of the Americas Board;
- Facilitate communication between Co-operatives of the Americas and the CMC Board;
- Report out via the CMC Executive Director.