Co-op Week is the opportunity for Canadian co-operative and credit union members to celebrate the fact that they have collectively helped to build this country. Co-op Week is recognition of their continuing contributions at home and abroad.
Co-op Week is always celebrated during the same week as International Credit Union Day, which is the third Thursday in October each year.
The theme of Co-op Week is Our Co-op Advantages, and we want to ask people to share their views on why you choose to do business co-operatively with friends and family. If your co-operative holds an event each year, please share event photos with us on Facebook and show your co-op pride this October.
Objectives of Co-op Week
- Explain the various benefits of the co-operative and mutualist business model for creating a sustainable economy;
- Celebrate the significant contributions of co-operatives and mutuals in their communities across Canada;
- Promote the relevance of the co-operative model, its mission as a local and sustainable development tool as well the values and principles that guide it;
- Explore inter-cooperation through co-operation among cooperatives (principle 6). This could mean co-ops celebrating together during Co-op Week!
- Developing a better understanding of the advantages of co-operation among officers, employees, members of the movement and the general public.
The 12″ X 18 Landscape poster can be enlarged or reduced to fit whatever size you need.