Co-operatives and Mutuals Canada (CMC) is a member-driven association that supports, promotes and unites co-operative and mutual organizations. CMC strives to advance the co-operative economy by organizing co-op development, advocating with government and conducting research to improve public policy. CMC serves as a common table for co-operatives and mutuals in Canada.
Entering our second year, we’re looking for a research-oriented individual to join our team. The selected candidate will work with the Manager of Research and Education on a variety of projects aimed at better understanding the sector and disseminating results from various studies and initiatives.
- Have a degree or diploma in the social sciences, business, or another relevant discipline;
- Are ﬂuently bilingual;
- Are comfortable with MicrosoM Oﬃce, WordPress (or another CMS), and are comfortable learning new tools (primarily collaborative or web-based tools such as Google Tools);
- Have strong organizational skills – particularly to documenting, sorting, tagging, and
- classifying large amounts of information;
- Are comfortable under supervision as well as working solo on projects as required;
- Have project management experience or credentials (an asset);
Then we would love to hear from you! Interested candidates should apply with a resume and cover leFer no later than June 30th, 2015. Candidates must be able to supply proof of eligibility for the Young Canada Works Internship Program as outlined at www.youngcanadaworks.ca.
This is a term position for the summer of 2015. It is based on a 35-hour work week.
Applications should be emailed to David Fleming, Manager of Research and Education, at dﬂeming@canada.coop.
CMC encourages diversity in all aspects of its operations.
Members of the Government of Canada’s job equity groups are encouraged to apply.