Co-operatives and Mutuals Canada regularly shares credible and relevant external research findings that support the growth of the Canadian co-operative economy. Through collaborations and partnerships, we are able to expand the collective knowledge base and improve our understanding of how co-operatives can further contribute to Canada’s future. Research allows us to access key strategic data to support our advocacy efforts and identify best practices, so we can strengthen the co-operatives’ presence and impact in the community and in the Canadian co-operative economy as a whole.
CMC is actively involved in the following research projects:
- Co-op Convert
- Measuring the Co-operative Difference on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) with the Centre for Excellence in Accounting and Reporting of Co-operatives (CEARC) of St-Mary’s University
- COVID Impacts with St-Mary’s University, IRECUS and Cape Breton University
- Co-operatives and Mutuals in the Age of Uncertainty
- Study on the Economic Impact of the Co-operative Sector in Canada
- Measuring the Co-op Difference
- Co-operative Performance Indicators
- Public Policy Forums – Case Studies
In Collaboration with the Government of Canada
- Data Research and Reports on Canadian Co-operatives
- Co-operative Metadata
Reports and Studies
Consultations on Motion M-100
Co-operatives and Mutuals Canada (CMC) supports the release of the government’s report on the Motion M-100 consultations, which recognizes that Canada has a strong and innovative co-operative business sector.
- CMC Press Releases
- Government of Canada Press Releases
- What We Heard: Motion M-100 Consultation
- About Motion M-100 (news from April 6, 2017)
Study on Co-operatives and Mutuals in the Age of Uncertainty
In 2019, David Coletto, CEO of Abacus Data, conducted a national survey with 5,000 Canadian adults for Co-operatives and Mutuals Canada, to examine public attitudes about the economic system, broader public concerns, and the role co-operatives could play in alleviating those concerns. The survey also sought to profile the membership of co-operatives in Canada.
Pour recevoir les nouvelles du secteur coopératif et mutualiste
To receive co-op/mutual sector news