Canada’s Emerging Co-operators (CEC) Mentorship Program
About the CEC Mentorship Program:
The CEC Mentorship Program provides young co-operators (aged 18-35) the opportunity to be mentored by experienced co-op leaders. Through the program, mentees are given the opportunity to further their knowledge in specific project areas (engagement, governance, human resources, marketing/communications, and operations) under the guidance of their mentor.
How it Works:
- Young cooperators submit a mentee application at any time to the CEC (see below)
- CEC will match the young co-operators with an experienced co-operative sector leader
- The CEC Mentorship Program builds a mentoring relationship that lasts approximately five months.
- The CEC Mentorship Committee provides supporting documents throughout the program.
- Mentees will work on a project of their choosing from their respective co-op/credit union.
Testimonials from the program:
“This is a fantastic program that provides co-ops with great expertise and mentorship which is extremely crucial, especially in the early stages of a co-op. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to partake in this program and I hope lots of other co-ops can benefit from this program in the future.” – Mentee
“It was such a privilege to build a relationship with a committed co-op up-and-comer!” - Mentor
“I just want to say thank you very much for accepting me into the program and I will continue to share my experience with others. I have learned valuable skills and gained a new sense of confidence when taking on the responsibility of new projects and know how to connect with the right people.” - Mentee
Interested in becoming a mentor?
More information can be found in the Mentor Information Package.
Interested in becoming a mentee?
For more information, contact:
Special thanks to Credit Union Central of Canada (CUCC) for the inspiration and the Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada (CHF Canada) for the financial support.